Creating the roadmap for Athletics Infrastructure in Western Australia
Developing organisational sustainability is a key pillar of Athletics West’s 3-year strategy to 2024. A priority action to support this strategic pillar was the creation of an Athletics Facility Plan for the state. The plan’s objective was to understand and identify the infrastructure supply required to serve existing and future demand for Athletics. The work also required a deep assessment of the equipment and facilities at each Athletics venue across the state and how this addresses desired current and anticipated future standards.
Delivering a detailed understanding of Athletics infrastructure demand and supply
Kinetica was commissioned to develop the state infrastructure plan and associated audit of Athletics facilities in Western Australia. The project included the following elements:
- Review and understand the existing participation & Athletics membership profile
- Analyse membership, participation and demand as it relates to the existing supply network, and assess how the network can cater for future demand
- Conduct a state-wide club and centre survey including capture of detailed information on existing facilities location, specification and quality
- Identify priority regions for investment related to demand, competition and greenfield site opportunities
- Provide an executive summary, highlighting the key insights and identifying priority regions for investment
A clear and actionable strategy for Athletics infrastructure in Western Australia
This important project delivered an evidenced-based strategy that identified priority regions for investment to address supply gaps in the network and resolve underserved demand for Athletics. The work also identified the current status of facilities in the network enabling conversations about required upgrades in addition to new-build infrastructure. We also created a detailed set of guidelines for facilities standards that will be drive increased quality and choice for Athletics across the network.